July 23, 2014 – I dream I am watching a woman skate. She’s on an out-door rink, graceful and confident. She’s coaching someone else who isn’t dressed properly for the snow and ice, who is a lot younger than her. She doesn’t seem to mind. I find myself noticing the curves and shape of her body as she’s wearing black tights and a loose shirt. I wonder how does she feel confident being so exposed like that. Does she really not mind or is she pretending to not mind? She appears to not even mind. I think of myself and if I was wearing that on the ice I would be so uncomfortable with how form-fitting it is and how people gaze not on the skill of the movement but just on the physical form.
27 May 2017
- Am at a family gathering, auntie asks me how old I am and says I’m older than him and then she realizes she doesn’t even know his age and leaves to go ask him
- I am in an area where there are kids playing and a small tipi and kids are a bit chaotic. An Elder sits at the front of the tipi in a cross-legged prayer pose
- I leave the room
- Someone from the family tells me he is praying there and invites/tells me to go back
- I am back in the room with the Elder praying and I don’t know what to do next
- I am at the bottom of a large sky-scraper with a tall and steep driveway, covered with ice and snow
- I am thinking I want to go up that hill but there are cars parked all the way up
- I see a large truck maneuver down the hill on a path through the cars
- I See I could drive my car up there
- I hesitate because it’s steep and slippery
- I watch several trucks go down and see it’s possible to do the same going up
- I am driving on an road and someone infront of me has been doing drugs
- A friend behind me is texting to watch out for him and to help him out
- I am thinking my friend is fine at first but then I see him swerve and stuff
- We stop at a traffic light
- I text something like “Stop Driving. Get off the road” but I don’t send it
- He crosses the road and has a collision on the side of the road
- I pull over to help
- I answer questions to other police
- I realize when I said I saw he was having issues that the reason I was aware was the texts but I shouldn’t have been texting when driving.
- I am lying and say I didn’t text.
- I am realizing I have to tell them I texted because they may check my phone and I think of making a joke about the texts I did make.
- It is true that I didn’t text AND that I did. Hard to explain though.
- I am seeing kids getting high on some cheap drugs and I notice what they are doing but it seems harmless so I let it go.
23 May 2017
The perfection of the dreamworld continues to bring me a sense of awe and gratitude. I’m amazed at the way the dreamworld can reveal such important Truths for this Day we are living in when Humanity is waking up to their gifts and advancing daily towards greater conditions of Peace.
This dream has the metaphor of an icy mountain. It’s a fine place to be if you have skies but not so fine if you are driving a bus. Ice in a dream is about the cold which shows up in a relationship when someone is only thinking of themselves and their selfish gains. A mountain is a high piece of land which takes great determination and diligence to climb and has a wonderful view at the top.
A bus is a way of getting to where you are going with a lot of other people. So this dream is about overcoming the conditions some people have caused with their cold-hearted behaviour and then sharing the learning with others so an inspiring view and perspective of achievement can be discerned.
Here is the dream: I dreamed a bus driver maneuvered us on an icy mountain slope. Later I was talking with someone about what she had done and was saying, “She is really amazing!”
Someone on the bus who was negative in real life (J.J.) asked me for help and I gave it. I told them two places where they could find a map to where they were going. They were grateful.
Analysis: To dream of this bus driver using a lot of skill to get us to safety means I can see ways now to get through challenging situations without getting harmed. Gaining the respect of someone who disrespected me in real life shows evidence of the power of the human spirit to overcome challenges and arise to a more collectively peaceful condition.
O ye friends of God! Beware! Beware of differences! By differences the Temple of God is razed to its very foundation, and by the blowing of the winds of disagreement the Blessed Tree is prevented from producing any fruit. By the intense cold of the diversity of opinions the rose-garden of Unity is withered, and the fire of the love of God is extinguished! ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
This quote is just so perfect. It captures the essence of growth, change and transformation which is found in Dreamwork.
Have you ever dreamed of walking in snow and not being able to move? Or of a giant iceberg blocking your path? What about being in a train and having cold air come in through an open window? I have had these kinds of dreams and believe me, the metaphor of cold really sticks.
At the time when I had these dreams I had not yet developed the skills or capacities needed to deal with the cold produced by different opinions in relationships. In fact, some of my strongest nightmares were about traveling hours with two people who were extremely negative and we were traveling far, far North. I also had dreams of being in the north with them and then returning. That was like hell too.
At the time I didn’t understand but now I do. Seven years later.
This quote helps put words to what was happening.
My mom and my sister had such different opinions of me and my life than I had of myself and my life that it was like they were trying to drive me into a cold northern environment and abandon me there. When I didn’t go along with their plans, it was like they threw ice at me, like they built a huge iceberg which I couldn’t figure out how to pass at the time.
They would never think of what they were doing as creating cold environments, of course. And that’s okay. When they showed up in my dreams it was not really them anyway, it was just a metaphor and it gave me something to play with.
So, how to turn the negative cold of differing opinions into positive warmth of loving and unified relationships?
The key is to do the work every day to notice the negatives, find out where the issues are, and then work through them. By finding really positive ways to let go of the negative cold and then creating warm environment to enhance and grow positive qualities such as Enthusiasm, Strength, Determination and Patience then life can be like a divine rose-garden, so fragrant and radiant and bright.
20 March 2017 6:29am – Spring Equinox (Equal Night!)
- Doodled quickly during a game & when I was done I saw an image of a young girl’s face blowing air like the North Wind
- I also doodled a plant in bright light, mid-sun and one in the dark & dying
- In one scene I am floating on a boat in a stormy ocean and know my way
- In another scene I have climbed to the top of a very high mountain range ~ it’s stunningly beautiful but I was trying to get to a neighbourhood so then I say to my travel companion we have to keep going, I think the neighbourhood is that way
- In another scene I’m resting after a long journey, in the cold, and am with a few other travelers ~ there is just one or two blankets we are all sharing and I do not have enough to cover me so I keep pulling it over and they keep pulling it back. I try to just let it go but it’s far to cold with nothing so I have to insist
This dream series has extremes in positive & negative. When I woke up I felt refreshed & renewed & invigorated like I had just been on a long hiking vacation and was back now with really great memories and new enthusiasm for day-to-day life. The funny thing is that in real life I haven’t traveled or done much outside of my own home town and yet my heart longs for that experience. It’s kinda cool though that I had it in my dream last night.
The most positive is the feeling when I arrive at the top of the mountain range. The beauty was so magestic and I was just captivated & awe-struck at how amazing it was. I had mixed feelings though because it wasn’t the goal. But I’ve never seen such beauty in my life. The mountains spanned all across the horizon as far as I could see. White snow capped mountains everywhere. And in some places the rock had formed in a curl which looked like the curl of a wave. It was amazing. So this means I can go to great heights in my path of helping others.
The most negative of the dream was trying to sleep in the cold north and not having enough blankets. I didn’t want to disturb the others who kept taking the blanket yet I could not sleep with the small amount they were giving me.
So that is a metaphor for the cold ways people in the past have treated me. Because I forgive easily and have the capacity to tolerate a lot of negatives sometimes people can do or say extremely negative things and get away with it.
The dream reminds me that sometimes, if the person doesn’t take a hint when the message is small, like me tugging on the blanket to get more, then something more direct will be needed, like me telling them “Hey, I need more blanket.” It’s not a big deal to need more and ask for it.
The other part of the dream, when I doodled and unconsciously drew a face, I guess that is just a message to remind me that even when I’m focused on one specific thing then another thing can be accomplished and it can be really cool.